Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to simulate mixer noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liletian

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys
Can anyone give me some suggestion on how to simulation mixer noise? Should I use Sp simulator or HB simulator with noise enabled? What's the difference for those two simulator's noise? are they the same? If not, which noise should I believe?
Thanks a lot[/quote]

You cannot use SP analysis with mixer noise. SP is a small signal linear simulation that does not take into account frequency translation. (Although I heard about Spectre RF's Periodic SP simulator - PSP that can be used to calculate the noise figure for periodically varying circuits).

You can use HB simulator in ADS or PSS/PNOISE in Cadence.

http://eesof.tm.agilent.com/pdf/Mixers.pdf
**broken link removed**

in SP analysis in ADS there is a noise simulation but this is not accurate , the accurate is to use HB amalysis with noise controller

khouly

Use H.B simulation for ADS which gives the correct noise analyses

hi!
there are many kind of NF analysis in Spectre RF and eatch of gives a different result. so i think that we sould specify the type.
is it PSS&Pnoise?
is it Qpss&Qpnoise?
is it PSP&Pnoise?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back