Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate gate leakage in a transistor using Spice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilguy

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Spice model

hi, beside mosis any other source that we can find the spice model parameter for circuit simulation? i want to use 100nm process. this is for educational purpose. however i cant find the spice model parameter for 100nm proces in mosis website.

how to simulate gate leakage in single transistor using spice?

Spice model

you can find some spice process files in some of the course links from different university.

but I am not sure if thre is the process files for 100nm.

BTW: for the leakage simulation, you need to check your simulator for if the simulator can guarantee the leakage calculation accuracy. and also it depends on the process file.

wish u good luck!

Re: Spice model

thanks for reply. as far as i know only bsim4 has a model on gate leakage current whereas in bsim3 not. my simulator suitable to read the bsim4 model. however i cant find any fab houses model their process using bsim4 throught the internet.

1. can i modify the existing bsim3 model from mosis to include the gate leakage parameter as in bsim4

Re: Spice model

how to calculate effective oxide thickness in BSIM4. bsim4 has 3 parameter for oxide thickness.

1. TOXE
2. TOXP
3. TOXM

so what is the effective oxide thickness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back