Status
Not open for further replies.

ruby1212

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Or is flip flop noisy at all? would you simluate its noise as you would do with a strong arm comparator? Why is strong arm comparator noisy but not a flip flop?

A comparator and D-Flip Flop are not the same. I wouldn't expect they are comparable from noise standpoint. Digital circuits handle noise differently than analog, like a comparator, they are comparable if the comparator has hysteresis, but not at all. Digital circuits are very unsensitive to any kind of noise. But I don't know actually, what is an "arm" comparator?

I think it is depending on you required speed and process how noise matter, and it shouldn't be edge sensitive. And to answer your basic question D flip-flop is noisy too, but hysteresis can reduce noise sensitivity if it is implemented in D-flip flop, the mentioned comparator above doesn't apply it as I see, so noise can matter. But still flip-flop and comparator are really not the same, I wouldn't compare them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…