Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to simulate clock in verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sathish

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
simulate clock in veriloig

hi all,
I want to simulate clock signal in verilog. Is that possible in simulation mode. If there is any possibility can any one give me the sample code for that.

with regards

simulate clock by verilog

Sathish said:
hi all,
I want to simulate clock signal in verilog. Is that possible in simulation mode. If there is any possibility can any one give me the sample code for that.

with regards
Satish,
By simulating clock you mean a simple digital clock - with 50% duty cycle? If so:

Code:
  `timescale 1ns/1ns
  module clk_gen;
    reg clk = 0;
    always #10 clk = ~clk;
  endmodule
Now, if you are interested in Jitter etc. that's involved. Let us know.

HTH
Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com
* A Pragmatic Approach to VMM Adoption 2006 ISBN 0-9705394-9-5 h**p://www.systemverilog.us/
* SystemVerilog Assertions Handbook
* Using PSL/Sugar

model clock in verilog

hi,
thanks for you suggestion. but can i simulate with combinational circuit?. i have attached the document with this message. pleae have a look at the attachment. i think that kind of simulation is not possible unless the propogation delay of the gate is specified in the code. note that my question is 'can we simulate such a circuit in verilog'.

thank you

with regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back