Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to simulate breakdown voltage of MOS and bipolar cell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pianomania

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to simulate breakdown voltage of MOS and bipolar cell?

And why i can't find parameters about breakdown voltage simulation in spice model ?

When I simulate the IV curve of MOS , I can't see the phenomonen of breakdown curve!

Re: how to simulate breakdown voltage of MOS and bipolar cel

I know of some companies with their own proprietary models that allow you to simulate the breakdown, but in standard SPICE you won't be able to simulate the breakdown voltage. Usually the characterization/modelling engineer will not bias the transistor in the breakdown region when extracting models, because this will create greater error in the model where a designer wants to operate the transistor. Thus, breakdown is something that one is not able to simulate accurately or not at all. If there is a technology manual, please refer to that to find out what the breakdown voltages for your transistors will be.

simulate is not accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.