Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to simulate AND logic using MOSFET's in Proteus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADGAN

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi! I want to simulate AND operation using MOSFET's in Proteus. I have attached a screenshot of the design. But I'm not getting the necessary output. (when A and B is logic 1 Z should be logic 1) What is the mistake?

3.jpg

Various errors occured when copying the circuit form your text book.

Use PMOS in place of NMOS and vice versa, connect PMOS vertically flipped with source and substrate to VDD, add a missing connection point.

The circuit seems to be correct. I just tried interchanging the components bt still the result is same. I'm not sure whether I choose the correct MOSFET.

The circuit seems to be correct.
Is it so?

You can approach the problem in two ways:

- copy a CMOS AND gate from literature
- derive the circuit respectively correct a wrong approach based on known behaviour of MOS transistors

Presently I'm under the impression that you have difficulties with either method. Please compare your circuit (without the inverter) little-by-little with the below shown copy from an ASIC library. Pay attention to the letters "N" and "P" and the position of source terminals.

6244610500_1399581110.gif

To be honest, the position of source terminals doesn't actually matter because source and drain are interchangeable. But the MOS transistors used in your simulation have source and substrat terminal shorted against each other, and the substrate connection definitely matters. In a standard CMOS process, all N substrates are connected to GND and all P substrates to VDD. To model it exactly, you would use transistor symbols with separate substrate connection.

Last edited:
Reactions: ADGAN

ADGAN

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for the reply FVM. I do not want to use the MOSFET with substrat terminal. Since I couldn't find a typical MOSFET I used this. It would be better if I could find it in Proteus.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway its working now. Thank you very much.

5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back