Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HOw to simulate 8-PSK moduator in MATLAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick_533

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
psk matlab code

Simulate an 8-PSK modulator with a Raised Cosine (RC) pulse shaping filter, with a RC parameter of your choice. Illustrate the input-output waveforms, power spectral density and any other data that you think is useful. Use oversampling (N samples per symbol) for your simulation.

GUys this is my fina project..help me outta of it. :)

psk matlab

Whatever you wish to do is already easily available in MATLAB simulink;

it has 8-PSK model, Raised cosine filter model, all you need to do open a new simulink model add the PSK modulator, random signal source, RC filter and then you can use the required sinks to observe the output.

matlab psk

If u want to write a script then i wud suggest the following:

8PSK symbols consist of 3 bits ...so
-Suppose u need to generate N bits total≈N/3 symbols
-start with taking 3 bits in an array at a time and compare this with (000) or (011) etc and assign the 8psksig to be equal to (x+iy) where (x,y) E {-1,0,1} depending
on the quadrant the symbol falls into.Repeat this till u cover all the bits taking the next 3 set of bits...
-the final 8psksig array will be the desired sig.

hope it helps.

psk simulink

carpediem.td could u be more clear

8psk matlab

-ur i/p sig before psk modn is a string of 0/1 .
-Take three bits at a time , compare with the 8 possible cominations of 0 & 1 taken 3 at a time i.e (000,001....111)
-set the next element of 8psksig array(initially it is blank) to be equal to (x+iy) where (x,y) E {-1,0,1} depending on the triplet at hand.
-repeat this for (bit no.4 to bit no.7) and so on...

I hope it is very clear....

matlab 8psk

Also , you need to normalise the sequence with a factor depending on your specifications and the pulse shaping filter afterwards.

If you want to generate the 8 psk waveforms you can use the definition to yield the waveforms : √(2Eb/Tb) *g(t) *cos(2Π*Fc*t +2n*Π/8) over t a symbol duration
and n from 0 to 7.

Added after 45 seconds:

replace the smily by 8

matlab code for psk

can anybody give me the code for this ?

psk waveforms

so i shud first deign a simulink model ...but what i need is matlab code

8psk simulink

It's up to u to decide wht is to be done.Building a simulink model is relatively much easier...just explore a bit and u can create it in a while using the in-built blocks.

For m file u'll have to translate the algo into matlab code...a bit tough but u'll have to experiment.Search the net for related m files but as people generally don't upload matlab codes so the work has to be done by u only..In case of a particular
problem u can ask people around u or u can post the doubt here..It'll be exciting journey...I bet ...

simulate 8

only matlab code i need...we shouldnt use simulink

Added after 3 hours 18 minutes:

guys today is my final day for submission if any one of u r online plz lemme know

simulink 8psk

Hi
Here is a simultion of MPSK in Matlab.
It may provide you some ideas to write your own simulattion.

plz press helped me if it was helpful for you.

regards

matlab coding for psk

I downloaded it, Maybe it could be helpfull for my simulation task, Thanks for amihomo!

psk with matlab

asking for Qfunct function..???

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: matlab 8psk

Also , you need to normalise the sequence with a factor depending on your specifications and the pulse shaping filter afterwards.

If you want to generate the 8 psk waveforms you can use the definition to yield the waveforms : √(2Eb/Tb) *g(t) *cos(2Π*Fc*t +2n*Π/8) over t a symbol duration
and n from 0 to 7.

Added after 45 seconds:

replace the smily by 8

tomorrow is my mini project....please give me simulink for 8psk or mpsk...i really need the block diag...please help me out

---------- Post added at 14:30 ---------- Previous post was at 14:29 ----------

tomorrow is my mini project....please give me simulink for 8psk or mpsk...i really need the block diag...please help me out

Status
Not open for further replies.