Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to simulate 120 degree phase shift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hadimotamedi

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All
For 3-phase motor control, can you please let me know how can I simulate three sine wave generators on Pspice with 120 degree out of phase each?
Thank you

The most simple method is to use the phase parameter of the sin voltage source.

Thank you for your reply. But for the VSIN source, I just see the DC offset parameter and amplitude and frequency parameters so how can I change the initial phase? Is there any other source to be used?

You said, you are using PSPICE. SIN source parameters are (<voff> <vampl> <freq> <td> <df> <phase>) according to the reference manual. What are you missing? Just read the manual thoroughly.

You are right. But when I place the SIN source it just shows the Voffset, Vamplitude , and FREQ parameters. How can I have the other parameters accessible ( td , df , phase) ?

---------- Post added at 10:26 ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 ----------

Sorry. I found it. Thank you again

You're apparently using the Orcad editor with PSPICE. Parameters can be added (and enabled for display) in the property editor. It's much more comfortable with the classical PSPICE schematic editor in my opinion.

You're apparently using the Orcad editor with PSPICE. Parameters can be added (and enabled for display) in the property editor. It's much more comfortable with the classical PSPICE schematic editor in my opinion.

Perhaps not to important - but I agree. I always use the editor "schematics" (from Microsim) and I strongly dislike "capture" from Orcad. The same to Multisim and its schematic capture feature. Awful! (....but perhaps a matter of accustoming).

You can define phase of sine source in PSpice. Modify the parameter named as Phase. (refer attached picture)
Following syntax defines 3 phase, 50HZ, 120V Peak voltage sine source

V_VA A N33307
+SIN 0 120 50HZ 0 0 0
V_VB B N33307

+SIN 0 120 50HZ 0 0 -120
V_VC C N33307
+SIN 0 120 50HZ 0 0 -240

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor