Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to setup GPRS communication between MC35i modem and Linux machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

preeti_hr2002

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to connect MC35i GPRS modem to my linux machine. i donot know how to start communication with GPRS modem. i am not getting any commuication with modem. please helpme out to resolve this.

mc35i gprs setup

Give more info abt u r problem

Re: GPRS setup

i am using MC35i modem which is having sim interface . i inserted sim in that connected to my system and tried for communicating through
1.hyperterminal ,
2.by using some executable giving command ATD*99***1# (tried with
*98***1# also)

but it is not responding for any of these trial.
No dialup connection is setup still.

Any one plz giv me the solution to get connection with MC35i modem through PC(windows/linux).

regards,
pre:?:

Depending on the default settings with your service provider, additional commands, e. g. defining a PDP context with +CDGCONT may be necessary for succesful GPRS connection. However, with the ATD*99* command, you should always get a CONNECT or NO CARRIER (possibly also ERROR) response. I assume that the modem is responding at all. e. g. gives OK response on blank AT<CR> and also has positively acknowledged AT+CPIN command?

Could you try the basic feature to confirm that the GPRS module is working. Can u communicate with the modem. Please check if the modem uses carriage return and line feed as the end character or it uses ctrlZ as the end character. Then I want you to do some few more steps to confirm weather the module is fine or there is problem with the module.
Are you doing a project. How much time do you have. This is a common problem in all modems. If u really want to learn debug. i would be happy to teach you. but if you dont have time then i would suggest you in other way.

Added after 2 minutes:

Please try to send
1. AT+CPIN=?
2. AT+CPIN?
3. AT+CSQ?
4.AT+CSQ=?
5. ATD(number);
6. ATD(number)

If you can execute step 5,6 successfully then for 5 and 6 you must hear different ringtone.

Please let me know the results after confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back