Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to setup E field and H field in cst

Status
Not open for further replies.

good cp

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone help me how to setup E field & H field in CST software?? How can we know which TE and TM mode are suitable for reflectarray antenna??plz help me..

good cp said:
can anyone help me how to setup E field & H field in CST software?? How can we know which TE and TM mode are suitable for reflectarray antenna??plz help me..

In the navigation tree of CST they have what they call field monitors same as in HFSS. Right click on this and choose E-field H field etc. Then on your 2D/3D results you may obtain the results.

Also for reflector antennas the mode of propagation is the principal TEM mode since these are unguided space waves as far as I am concerned.
Unless you are referring to the mode of a waveguide feeder for instance, in this case the most common is TE10, for a rectangular waveguide feeder. You can claculate the right mode by determining cutoff frequencies for the mode you desire at the frequency of operation.
Refer to Clarke R H, Brown J. Diffraction Theory and Antennas. John Wiley and Sons, Jan

thank a lot gamba007..

thanks for respond,, can u tell me which mode are better??TE or TM??i dont have the book that you recommend for me..btw thank you very much,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back