Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to set up the excitations for wire simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liletian

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys
I am trying to simulate the effort of a 1mm copper connection with two 100 ohms impedance source at frequency 1GHz. I want to connect two 100 ohms impedance source directly together, but in real PCB, there always have a copper line which is about 1mm. Can anyone suggest ways to simulate the copper line effect using HFSS?
Thanks a lot
I am trying to run the HFSS simulation as an exercise. I did the following:
I create an box from (0,0,0) to (1,1,0.036) with copper materials.
I then need to set up the excitations on the surface (0,0,0)-(0,1,0.036) and surface (1,0,0)-(1,1,0.036). I choosed both lump ports and excitation is at direction (0,0,0) to (0,0,0.036) and same on the second surface.
Finally I draw an cylinder to surround the metal box and run the simulation.
It reports lump errors.

For the same structure I then change the port to waveport for the same setting, they complain about the operation frequency.

Can anyone suggest how to correct set up the excitation for the simulation? ( the simulation is to simulate the 1mm copper with two 100 ohms on both ends, the expected results will be no reflection at 1GHz for such a small wire.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back