Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to set up initial conditions for post-layout simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nxing

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
post-layout simulation

Hello everybody,

I am simulating my circuit with "extracted", however, I need to setup some initial conditions in order to make the system converge. Can anybody tell me how to do that? I know how to set them up in schematic.

Thanks in advance!

post-layout simulation

Just like what you do in schematic simulation if you are using Analog Artist to simulate a diva extracted view. If you are simulating the extracted in command-line mode, use ".IC" statement in the netlist file.

post-layout simulation

Hi hughes,

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that it seems that I can not select the net in extracted cellview like I did in schematic.
Any suggestion?

Regards

post-layout simulation

Maybe you didn't save the interconnect information to the extracted view. Make sure there is a saveInconnect statement in your extract rule file. If it exists, then check your technology file and make sure there are net purposes defined for the interconnect layers.

Good luck.

post-layout simulation

Hi Hughes,

Thanks for your reply. There is a saveInterconnect statement in the extract rule file. However, I didn't find there is a netPurpose defined in the technology file. Under this situation, do you know how to deal with it?

Thanks

Re: post-layout simulation

1. Find which layer/purpose pairs (LPP) you need to add.
If your saveInterconnect looks like:
saveInterconnect(nsd psd cont m1 v1 m2)
then you should define LPP's: nsd net, psd net, cont net, m1 net, v1 net, and m2 net.
If your saveInterconnect looks like:
saveInterconnect((nsd "NP") (psd "PP") (cont "CONT") (m1 "M1") (v1 "V1") (m2 "M2"))
then you should define LPP's: NP net, PP net, CONT net, M1 net, V1 net, and M2 net.

2. In CIW, choose menu "Technology File / Layers ...", add the above-mentioned layer/purpose pairs. If the layer name already exists, only new purposes should be added for those layers. Otherwise, new layers should be added. The only difference is you should assign a new layer number in the latter case.
You may also add those LPP's in a .tf file.

Re: post-layout simulation

Try to ramp up your power or play around your .option parameters
Here is a good paper on convergence problem

Status
Not open for further replies.