Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to set the frequency when measuring mixer IMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_li

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mixer imd

Hi all,
we use heterodyne system, I want to measure mixer IMD.RF frequency=5.8GHz,LO=3.9GHz(IF=1.9GHz),now i want to measure mixer IMD,i know the equation:2F1-Frf-Flo as attached:
My question how to set the frequency F1?and anybody kindly share my the measurement about the mixer,LNA and oscillator?Thanks in advance

You have to put two signals that are inside the RF passband and separated by about 10% of the RF bandwidth. You will then see extra frequencies in the IF that are separated from the original two frequencies by the same amount as the first two frequencies are separated.

John_li

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Is it the same as other amplifier measrement e.g. LNA?

Yes, this is the standard method. If you are using a simulator no extra precautions are required. If you are making physical measurements you have to use circulators on the outputs of the two signal generators and a high isolation combiner.

In real world signal generators there is a leveling loop that rectifies the output and sends it back to a leveling circuit. If some other signal is put into the output of the generator a hetrodyne is created which AM modulates the output.

John_li

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back