Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to set the buad rate of AT89S53 in Mode2 to be 19200bps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSTHO

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I use AT89S53 Microcontroller-Inex NX-51 board in my project for controlling the mobile phone SIEMENS C35 with AT command that uses baud rate 19200bps to transsmit the data. I have the problem about to connection from microcontroller to mobile phone that is baud rate config.

Please if have someone who can help me about that.

Thanks you very much.

Re: How to set the buad rate of AT89S53 in Mode2 to be 19200

I think this chip is based on Intel 8051 family. If it is so, than the baud rate depends on the crystal frequancy which you use. To be able to select 192000 baud rate, you need to select a 11.xxx MHz quartz cryztal for the microcontroller (I do not remember the prices value, but anyway bellow 12 MHz). Otherwise you are not able to set a baud rate of 192000. Not even a value which is within the 3% limit.

Re: How to set the buad rate of AT89S53 in Mode2 to be 19200

Thank you very much for your reply.

I can set it already with 11.0592MHz on 0xFD for 19200bps.

Status
Not open for further replies.