Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to set Font Size in allegro ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

afxx

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Allegro Font Size

I'm new to Allegro and come from PADS world. I've already look through the tutorials but have a few questions. I'm hoping an Allegro expert can help me with this...

Is there was a way for me to change the font allegro PCB uses to render texts (ref des., etc.)?

Also when I look at the reference designators they appear as a single thin line. How can I change it so it shows me with the correct thickness (10 mils, 12 mils, etc.) as it would appear on the final silkscreen?

What are Rat T's? They were mentioned in the tutorials but I can't seem to find more information on them.

Finally, is there a good tutorial DVD or something that will take me through a real design so I can learn the tool better? I'm not asking for a DVD on PCB design. I've done a lot of highspeed designs in PADS.

Thanks.

Re: Allegro Font Size

Setup then text sizes, here you can edit or customize every text blocks then
change your text to any blocks in your design.

Rat T are for net scheduling and there are some video that comes with Allegro installation.

Good Luck,

M

Re: Allegro Font Size

I tired that but I can't change the font.

When I do a "Show Elemet" I see that the font is specified as ANSI. Can I change this to a different font? Can I convert TTF fonts to Allegro font format?

What is a 'room'?

Which Version you using?

I think I read somewhere in 16.3 features that this can be done so maybe it can't be done after all.

If not, then can I bring it in as artwork? If so what formats can I import as artwork? Can it be vector graphics or just bitmap?

Hi Afxx,

In allegro 16.2v u can change the text(refdes) size's.

exapmle.. goto setup-->selecet the "design parameter Editor"---->choose the "Text"----->select the "setup text Size". there you have to give the value for text width size in photo width.

Thanks
geekay

Right... but is there any way to change the font type (not size) to something else?

Hi,

The font type is fixed in board.When made symbol is set the layer.

May

yes we can't to modify the font type in allegro , its fixed.

This cannot be done even in 16.3 , you can only change the height , width, spacing, photo plot etc but not the type of font.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back