Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to set even- and odd-mode excitations in HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

godsound

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sparameter even odd mode

Hi all,

I have been recently trying to simulate a pair of coupled striplines in HFSS. I tried but failed to obtain the coupled lines' characteristic impedance and relative dielectric constant for even-mode (Zoe, Epsilon-re)and odd-mode (Zoo, Epsilon-ro) excitations.

I set two wave ports on two ends of the coupled lines. In each port, I set two terminal lines so that I could use the terminal lines' directions to represent the even-mode and odd-mode. But in this way, even though there were still two wave ports, the S-parameter I obtained was a 4-port one but not my wanted 2-port one. Besides, from E-field distribution, I found the above way couldn't seperate the even- and odd-mode. The E-field distribution for same terminals' directions is almost same as that for opposite terminals' directions.

Does anyone know how to use HFSS to simulate the coupled striplines or make even- and odd-mode excitations? would you please give me some advice and tips? I greatly appreciate your precious assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back