Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to separate audio and video channel from raw video file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunal

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
audio-video separation

Hi all
Suppose i have a raw video file which has got audio channel also. I want to separate the audio and video channel. How can i do this?? If you can tell me some MATLAB function which does this then it will be great otherwise plz. explain the procedure in a bit detail.
looking forward for the assistance

thanx,
kunal

audio-video separation

What kind of raw video file?
There's hundreds of types.
You need to be much more specific with your question.

Re: audio-video separation

Actually iam unaware of different raw files but what i meant here is uncompressed digital video ,say, directly recorded from a video camera or if some MPEG coded video is decoded to get the raw uncompressed video. I hope this much detail will be ok for clarifying my doubt
Regards,
kunal

audio-video separation

I think the video signal is already MPEG compressed before it's stored on the camera tape, isn't it?
It's transfered to PC with FireWire.

ok sir say it is an MPEG coded file and i have got a decoder to decode it then what ever data i'll get that will be of use to me and from that data i wanna separate audio and video

Look to Virtual-Dub program.
https://www.virtualdub.org/

You can separate sound from video by it. It is working with almoust all video formats - from raw video files to AVI.

If you need to use it with MPEG2 files, then you can use the modification of this program, called VirtualDub - MPEG2. Get it here:
**broken link removed**

Install it. Load your video file to it, and choose option "File->Save WAV".
You will get separated sound file.

To save video only, use options: "Audio->No Audio" , "Video->Direct stream copy", "File->Save as AVI".

sir,
thanx for your cooperation..this tool is really helpfull to me .
While using it i faced some problems

1. while storing the video only,can't i store it as MPEG2 only or always i have to save it as avi only?
2. How can i save a particular frame from the frames of the video?
3. Is any such tool is available for MPEG4 ?

Hope to get help on these topics also
Thanx,
kunal

Hello,

Since ppl here are well versed with video codecs and other details related to video I would like to ask for a piece of info.

I want to download streaming videos from a site, the video are in .mp4 format and is steamed over RTSP protocol. Now due to bandwidth constraints and other issues with the server, I would like to have a local copy of these streamed videos on my hard disc.

Could you people please gimme pointers to tools which will enable me to have a local copy of these videos?.
Also at the server side there is a 'js' script which validates whether Quicktime player is installed at your end or not if not you get directed to apple's site......I guess that this could be the reason why these files are not downloadable with popular tools like 'netTransport','Flashget' N like"

Thankyou friends
Rgds
Sri

Status
Not open for further replies.