Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to sense the distance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tafari

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to sense distance

How can I make use of microcontroller to check to distance between the two objects?

I want to use a transmitter and a receiver to monitor the distance between two objects. If there distance is too large, such as 10 meters away, my microcontroller to alarm me.

How can I achieve this? I am thinking about calculate the time delay, but not sure is it feasible or not.

By the way, which kind of receiver and transmitter shall I choose?

Thanks in advance =)

blueroomelectronics said:
Sonar or a Sharp Rangefinder.

Thanks for reply

But i am not interested in sensing obstacles in front. What I am interested in is whether my specific object goes out of the detection range. Therefore, I guess I need a transmitter to transmit a signal and a receiver to response.

How shall I choose the transmitter and receiver?

Is there any better way to achieve this function?

Thx

Hi,
Sharp produce family of such sensors. I presume it can useful for you.

stanislavb said:
Hi,
Sharp produce family of such sensors. I presume it can useful for you.

It is a distance measuring sensor which cannot differentiate my object and all other obstacles.

Thank you very much. I will try to find some helpful info from Sharp. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back