Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to send the data to usb to RS-232 converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

vmaxusb

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
usb to com converter vc++

Hello,
I am doing a project on USB interfacing.i have available plug and play USB to RS-232 converter.i have installed this device successfully and the device manager is showing the prolific USB to serial converter.i want to send the data to this USB to RS-232 converter.i am not getting any virtual address in device manager for this port.i want to send the data to this port in turboC/C++/VC++.can any one tell me how is it possible?

Regards,
vmaxusb.

IMHO, the USB to RS232 converter will be visible as a COMM x port. You will have to scan the available ports and select the correct one.

Cheers

Ravi

Hello,
it is visible as a comm5 port.but i am not getting any address for this.because i need to program this porti.e i want to send some data to USB to serial converter in C/C++ or any other assembly language.can you help me regarding this?

All the other ports comm1 to coo4 are in use.

With Thanks And Regards,
vmaxusb

In this I won't be able to help you since I do not know PC programming.

Cheers

Ravi

It will be Com5 & u have to configure ur port as ur are configuring other serial ports
like baud rate , start bit, stop bit, data bytes, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back