Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to send SMS to mobile phone through PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeyaGeetha

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i am intersted to enhance my current VB project. i wish to send SMS to mobile phone through my VB program. How can i do this? Where to start with????? pls give your suggessions

Hi,

If you want to send SMS from your PC through your mobile, then you should read about AT command of your mobile......you see each brand of mobiles have a specific AT command, most of them are the same....you should search for AT command of your mobile then use these command in your VB project.

If you want to send your SMS from your PC through the internet, then you should search for SMS gateway, buy some credits, then use their http link for sending SMS in your VB project.

Best Regards,

as alternative you can use gsm module... your can send communicate your pc and gsm module using serial port... understand the at command then you can send sms through your pc... use mscomm to write serial port code...

Sending SMS can be in 2 modes. THe PDU mode and Text mode. PDU mode requires a very strange encoding and decoding. If you want to keep matters simple, look for the modem/phone that supports text mode also. You can check by sending AT+CMGF=1. If it replies OK, you are fine. THen sending SMS is just by one command
AT+CMGS="1234567890"
send message
send ctrl-Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back