Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to send modem(GPRS) ipadress to an server that contain static ipaddress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

prakash1987

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,

I have planned to do an project based on gprs modem and server,

I want to know how can i send a ip address ( dynamic) of GPRS modem to an server that running on static ip in remote...
Client(GPRS modem) IP address should be send to server(ADSL modem) through GPRS mode or any http request.

Waiting for valuable response..

HI,

I have planned to do an project based on gprs modem and server,

I want to know how can i send a ip address ( dynamic) of GPRS modem to an server that running on static ip in remote...
Clarify: Your GPRS modem got its IP from the same server to which you want to send the IP or from a RAS/DHCP server?
Client(GPRS modem) IP address should be send to server(ADSL modem) through GPRS mode or any http request.

Waiting for valuable response..
Please elaborate your Situation, if possible with some line diagram.

i have GPRS modem which is connected to an energy meter which is located remote side...
Now iam running an RAS server in my PC which is connected to internet which has static ip ,
Now my server should detects that energy meter through ip address, this is not
possible because GPRS modem has dynamic ip address which not known to server..
So whenever the meter side modem (GPRS modem) connected to internet through GPRS , it should send that IP address to server PC (static ip) through internet...

**broken link removed**

Last edited:

i have GPRS modem which is connected to an energy meter which is located remote side...
Now iam running an RAS server in my PC which is connected to internet which has static ip ,
Now my server should detects that energy meter through ip address, this is not
possible because GPRS modem has dynamic ip address which not known to server..
So whenever the meter side modem (GPRS modem) connected to internet through GPRS , it should send that IP address to server PC (static ip) through internet...

**broken link removed**

If I rephrase Your situation Like this will it be appropriate?
1) Energy meters with GPRS modem are nodes
2) Your PC is controlling server. wihich is visible to Internet.
3) Your nodes( energy meters+GPRS) are getting IP address from your PC
4) You need to send nodes IP address to your server(PC)

If the above statements are correct, Then
1)the RAS server which is your PC already sent an IP address to the node. so you can get it from your RAS server's log
2) as you mentioned your RAS server is also connected to Internet and has a static IP, You can connect from nodes to the server and send their Identification Not only IP but their serial number, MAC ID, etc... just you have to write few lines of codes.

Hope it helps.

ya i you understand my situation,
but this,
"3) Your nodes( energy meters+GPRS) are getting IP address from your PC " nodes getting ip from gprs providers..

ya i you understand my situation,
but this,
"3) Your nodes( energy meters+GPRS) are getting IP address from your PC " nodes getting ip from gprs providers..

Oh OK I Got it I thought you have set up a RAS server.

Well in this case you have to write a program On your node which inturn will send its IP and other infos to your PC.

can u give clear note on this , to get an IP from modem and send that ip through GPRS to server.....

Status
Not open for further replies.