Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to send data from clent to server via GPRS modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildfyr8

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello people I am in need of program or coding that is a Server is connecting to number of clients and each client is needed to respond on server request and confirm it working.

My idea is:

I am using GPRS modem with sim card on this plan. To recognize individual client that is GPRS modem should sent MAC address of the client to server page constantly when it is ON.
Or
Default notepad stored in the client system with individual pin or code should be sent to server page when it ON and it should sent it for every hour.

These information need to be send to server to recognize client.

I am very much happy to welcome new idea

Please help me out to solve this issue

Regards,
Wildfyr.

wildfyr8 said:
Hello people I am in need of program or coding that is a Server is connecting to number of clients and each client is needed to respond on server request and confirm it working.
By definition, a server is a device tat accepts incoming requests, and a client makes requests to a server. That is, a client intiates the connection to a server.

need more info about this type of project...
i am using gprs AT modem it will be connected to client system here the problem will be client should be running automatically with the program created by me...now i need a program to track all these client from certain system(i.e., server page)
client system should send the mac id or any private pin to differentiate from other client.

Hi,its important that when you connect to theh GPRS via your modem ,your IP Address which assigned to the GPRS Modem is Routable or not,your IP Address is Routable?

HHM said:
Hi,its important that when you connect to theh GPRS via your modem ,your IP Address which assigned to the GPRS Modem is Routable or not,your IP Address is Routable?

i can be done in both ways..either in static or dynamic... so it's not a problem

wildfyr8 said:
HHM said:

i can be done in both ways..either in static or dynamic... so it's not a problem
Problame is not static or dynamic,its in Routable IP or not Routable IP.
Can you ping your clients IP Address via GPRS Connection ?
In my country we can not ping GPRS modules,did you test it?

that's not a problem here ..i think so... ping it

wildfyr8 said:
that's not a problem here ..i think so... ping it
I don't know what country you are in, or what service provider you have, but all of them that I know of do not provide a routable IP address unless you have a plan that specifically provides one - usually at an additional cost.

Even if your address is routable, you won't get a PING response unless your device is configured to respond to an ICMP echo request.

Status
Not open for further replies.