Not open for further replies.

du.chci1990

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello all :smile:,
i need to debug my embedded C program on Keil for a hardware project.

Now i don't know how to debug the serial communication parts of the program. I open the UART window, but it just shows the output. Now if i have to send any character to the UART, where do i type it? (UART window doesn't seem to take in any characters, unable to type there.)

the program will enter a loop when the serial buffer receives a certain character. So, how do i send the character to the receive buffer??
A snipet of the code is given below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECV_DATA=SBUF;
RI=0;

if(RECV_DATA=='+')
{
:
: //some action

}

if(RECV_DATA=='#')
{

center_locking = DISABLE; //a port pin of 8051

:
:// more action
}

if(RECV_DATA=='-')
{
while(recevier_d0);//a pin of 8051// Waiting for the Wireless Transmitter to be ON

// pins of 8051 are being set/reset

Sprayer = ENABLE;
center_locking = ENABLE;
car_rear_coil1 = ENABLE;

delay_in_half_seconds(20);

while(1); // Infinite loop Press reset to come out of this mode

}

}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So is there any special serial communications window in KeiluVision4 where i can type the characters "#" or "+" and make the program function???

Please help! thanks in advance!!

PS: have attached a snap-shot of the UART window i used in debugging. i cannot type in characters here.

Attachments

• uart.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 72

Status
Not open for further replies.