Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to send big files with Hyperterminal using Zmodem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

umairsiddiqui

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
need Hyperterminal help

Using hyperterminal(in WinXP) I called my friend through modem.
He was waiting for me at other end..
We transfer files (protocol: Z modem with crash recovery)and had chat!
But when trying to send bigger file(>500k)...obviously due line noise or other factors, error occurs and connection is dropped and/or computer hangs.

-I want to if there is alternative software for this purpose, so that I can file at other side through modem.

need Hyperterminal help

Why don't you send a mail with the file attached to your friend? 500k is not a big problem for, say, Outlook.

Re: need Hyperterminal help

... use "ZModem with crash recovery", if you drop the line, once you restart the trasmission, it begins where it was left ...

Re: need Hyperterminal help

umairsiddiqui said:
-I want to if there is alternative software for this purpose, so that I can file at other side through modem.

Well if you have nostalgia for old times try several ones. Zmodem is pretty good protocol and very reliable. It is the last protocol developed for Modem communications.

The problem with HyperTerminal is that what you are saying is propably a bug in the software actually for the Zmodem implementation. Indeed what happens is that no ones cares now if this bug exist.

Ask Microsoft if they like to fix it. I think they include the same HyperTerminal package over and over in their Windows versions.

Used to be hundred of softwares. ProComm for example. This is old stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back