Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Send At Commands to gsm modem by my PC using hyper terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MahmoudHassan

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
i need help ... i want to connect my GSM modem to my PC using USB
and then using hyper terminal to send commands
how can i do this
and in future improvements i want to make application using C# to send these commands

any help please ?

Test modem using AT commands. Connect GSM to system using serial cable. Open Hyperterminal,,,
set port number properly.. set the settings to 9600-8 data bits-1stop bit- parity none- hardware control - none.

Type AT on screen

modem replies as OK

ike that refer the AT commands and type those commands and make modem work

is this will work the same for usb modem (manufactured by Vodafone for example) (internet flash using simcard) and
if i connected a mobile using serial ...is it will work the same ?

These are only for GSM and CDMA modems. but GSM and CDMA differs in few AT commands. are you talking of TATA photon type modem, given by tata, BASL, or vodaphone... Then answer is NO

if you have snap shot then please show it... i am still not clear with your question

i want to connect GSM modem to pc using hyper link through which by an application i will send messages
these messages has uniform format that will be received by gsm modem in department far away in other place other town
to open something such device ...may be door
if there are fire in the other place fire alarm through pic controller willl send message to the other place message such as HELP FIRE

About gsm modem i thought simply make it USB modem or a mobile more cheap than to buy new device for the project

so what the best optimization for this project from your point of view

and thanks for your help you too helpful

Go for simple gsm modem like sim300 which is more than sufficient for your project.

More over it is easy to connect a microcontroller through rs232 than usb.

Status
Not open for further replies.