Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to see the encrypted image in VHDL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rd15

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I am working on an image encryption project. I have written VHDL code to encrypt a plain image to encrypted image according to an algorithm. But the problem is how I can see the actual encrypted image using VHDL. Can I directly feed a bmp image to VHDL code and after processing, take (save) encrypted image as output from this code?

Thanks in advance....

opening an image in vhdl

first , open image in matlab with imread function, then image data is in workspace ,you can copy that data , save into file then use file handing in vhdl for manipulation or make array and paste data separated by comma[,] .

again ,create output file for result , go back to matlab to see it.

thank you

vhdl read bmp

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your response!!

Can you please tell me how can I use that data in VHDL? I mean where do I use the file created by MATLAB. Do I have to use that in a testbench or some separate file? I have VHDL code for an algorithm, which actually processes the image file.

Thanks once again...

vhdl binary file read

Either you export it in Matlab in a text format (space separated numbers) and read it in via the VHDL std.textio library, or you write some sort of binary file with a known file structure (e.g. BMP) and parse it manually by reading it in as a "file of character" and extracting and converting (using character'pos(c)) all the fields to numbers and so on.

The textio is MUCH easier but may be slow for large images. But then again; simulating large images will also be slow so you'll be limited by image size anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.