Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to see the connections in Cadence Virtuoso Layout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffassir

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can i see the connections between the pin and the MOS.I can see the lines connecting them when i try to move them.

I want to them permanently ON.

see in the attached images..i mean those connecting lines which are not visible in the other picture..

Tell me the short key or path how to achieve it.

Bonus if u help me to make ON the pin names (making it on in display options didnt worked.)

Try the options in the connectivity menu of Virtuoso Layout XL or at the buttons provided at the bottom of the window.
You will absolutely find what you are looking for in this menu but i don't remember the exact choise.

i don't know how to show the connection. I think it is quite useless, i usually import from the schematic only the istances because my DK wants the pin to be declared in a complicated way.

however, to make Virtuoso to display the pin name, follow this:

when you don't see -> go to create pin -> choose display pin name if not chosen -> if chosen, turn it off and then turn it on. It should fix it. I usually do that. One of the bug from Virtuoso...

There are multiple possibilities and they also vary depending on version of Virtuoso you use. Some work better some not.
a) in Layout Window - Options - Display - click on Nets button to enable all nets.
b) In Layout window - Connectivity - Nets -> show / hide incoplete nets.
c) layout window - connectivity - XL Probe (my favorite) select it, click on net in schematic(or Xl prbe window) you want to see and it will get hilited, cancel the XL probe window and it stays hilited
d) schematic - navigator assistant - select the net by name and it will show on layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back