Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to scroll down on an LCD that has 4 pages with 2 visible at a time, JHD529 LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

matrixofdynamism

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using JHD529 LCD that has the SZT7920 controller in it. The lcd stores 4 pages but can view only 2 at a time. How do I scroll down to other pages 3 and 4?
Can you just tell me as to how this is done in other more popular LCD modules?

The english datasheet of the controller is available here **broken link removed**

In datasheet see the extended instruction set[RE=1]... Using Reverse instruction you can choose any of the 4 lines..
R1 R0 Description
L L First line normal or reverse
L H Second line normal or reverse
H L Third line normal or reverse
H H Fourth line normal or reverse

Thanks for the response,
the data sheet states
"Select 1 out of 4 lines to reverse the display and to toggle the reverse condition by repeating this instruction.
R1,R0 initial vale is 00. When set the first time the display is reversed and set the second time the display become normal." for the instruction.

Could you just elaborate as to what this actually means. What does it mean to "reverse" the display? Does it mean that the line shall be printed starting from the end at position 1 like "Hello" becomes "olleH"?

I thought that "VERTICAL SCROLL OR RAM ADDRESS SELECT" command should be used for it but did not have success, don't know why.

First tell me Are you able to successfully display all the 4 lines using Reverse command..
Then Reverse means what you mentioned is correct.. But i will put it in different way..
In normal mode you can see the message "Hello" [Viewing should be from left to right]
In reverse mode you can see the same message "Hello" [Viewing angle should be from right to left {I mean you need to rotate the display 180 degree}]

Status
Not open for further replies.