Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to safely charge a car battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thuvu

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Charging a car battery

Hi,
Does anybody know how do charge a car battery. I need the safest way possible.

Thanks

Charging a car battery

Thanks IanP

I just don't understand why I have to connect the negative pole to a metal and not to the (-) of the dead battery

Re: Charging a car battery

I don't think you "HAVE TO" connect negative pole to the car's body (metal).
Actually, connecting a charger directly to battery is safer option ..

Regards,
IanP

Charging a car battery

Hi thuvu
The connection of the negative pole to the metal or body is required when you are charging the car battery from another car
In that car if the Charging car is OFF and you connect the battery terminals from charging car to your car there will be huge flow of current and the charging car battery will be drained and there might be chances of explosion
Safest is to connect the terminal to metal body of the car but charging in this way requires a huge amount of time

If the caharging car is ON then you can connect the negatives and positives of the battery directly

Charging a car battery

So, by connecting the negative to the body of the car I interpolate a resistor(metal from negative to battery) in order to avoid the huge flow of current.

Thank you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.