Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to run SUN Solaris application under Linux PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arthur

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there an emulator for Linux which allow to run UNIX applications.
There is lxrun on Solaris for running Linux binaries under Solaris. Please tell me, if you do find such a apps.

You can run a lot of Solaris (SPARC) binaries using SPARCLinux compatibility mode (using a SPARC box, of course). Using lxrun you can run Linux (X86) binaries under Solaris running on X86 arch. As far as I know, there is no way to run Solaris (SPARC) binaries on Linux (X86 arch) and I'm sure that never there will be something like that. And running Solaris X86 apps under Linux X86 is really useless :smile:

Yes, Chinasky said is really correct.
So, if you got the Sparc Solaris software, then you can run it on Sparc Solaris.

sulifen

hi,

i wonder is there a way to run solaris (sparc) application on solaris (x86) platform without recompiling the source.

cheers

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nanako on 2001-10-18 17:27 ]</font>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back