Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to run Matlab under Linux ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeos

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
matlab in linux

HI Dear
I need to run matlab in linux, but I don't know how do it,
can anyone help me?
the best.

Re: matlab in linux

I'm not your "dear" !!!

You bought Matlab package for Linux and haven't read the manual how to install/run it????

Just type "matlab" at the shell prompt...that's how I do it (o;

davorin said:
I'm not your "dear" !!!

You bought Matlab package for Linux and haven't read the manual how to install/run it????

Just type "matlab" at the shell prompt...that's how I do it (o;

Not really, the .cshrc or .bashrc have to be modified that indicate matlab in the search path. if you don't know Linux well enough, get a MatLab version for Windows

matlab in linux

did linux version is fast than windows version ???
i am interest in it ....
i feel so slow as i run the program in the windows , and it is so unstable ...

what version do you use? I use version 6.5 and it's running OK

matlab in linux

I found Matlab 7 is somewhat a little faster

Aigneryu said:

Yes, I have also noticed Matlab 7 runs the code faster than Matlab 6.5.1. About +20 %. This figure agrees with reports posted in diffferent newsgroups on the Internet.

For benchmark test results (Linux, Windows, etc) , see

**broken link removed**

From this site you can also download a small benchmark file jmbench.m for test with your own computer.

Aigneryu said:

Yah me too, I used Matlab 7 for my graduation project and it was faster than Matlab 6.5

From my experience, the Matlab for Linux is not as stable as Matlab for Win-XP. It may be related to the Java for Linux. I use Matlab for Windows only now.

spweda said:
From my experience, the Matlab for Linux is not as stable as Matlab for Win-XP. It may be related to the Java for Linux. I use Matlab for Windows only now.

That's true. Don't use the latest version of java from sun for matlab.

I use matlab r2006b on Linux and it is very stable

matlab in linux

That's true, thanks, I was using a previous version but this is OK.

Kendoi,

LCGL.

matlab in linux

U can even use Matlab in Wine Just start >wine setup.exe from the optical device or your HDD.(perhaps most toolboxes will be made useless but hey) ;-)

Are U looking for a free version that runs in Linux ? No ! No ! No ! that wuld be ilegall If you can afford it bue a licensefrom the mathworks and you'l get a install medium ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.