Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to run apps on remote computer???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hot_ice

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi...
Well, I've managed to log on to remote computers and copy files etc... But how can I run programs on to the remoe machine using command line interface??? Thx!

Hi.

One way which i used succesfully is useing RPC.

Anoather way is by using VNC server or Citrix server programs, and then the remote compure looks like it would be your own.

You can do whatever you used to do with you own.

hmmm... i'm a newbie in linux world... to be honest, I've not run any program on my terminal yet... anyways, I'll surely give it a try...

Hi,
You can run programs on remote computer with SSH and Telnet. SSH may be a better option

Well, SSH only allows you to log on to a remote terminal... then how can I run applications using it??? By the way, I've never even run any apps using CLI mode... I'm a newbie to Linux!!!

Once you login successfully, it behaves just like local machine. Just type in the command you want to run. That's all.

adsl said:
Once you login successfully, it behaves just like local machine. Just type in the command you want to run. That's all.

I know that... I've logged on to remote terminal, and it really behaves like local machine... But, I do not even know how to run an app on local terminal in CLI mode... I hope u would understand...

hmm.

First, you have to know where the program is if it is not built-in command. If properly configurated, you should be able to type the program name to execute it.

ex. just use mail command to see the email.

If your program is installed in some special directory, you have the set the 'path' environment variable properly or you have to go to that directory by command cd.

My suggestion is that you should take one unix tutorial book first.

Status
Not open for further replies.