Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to resolve the question of timing convergence in P&R

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryzhu

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm a cad engineer but I have no more experience indeed, I met the question of timing convergence when do timing driven P&R with SE, which way should I think of and how to resilve it? Thanks for your help!

Have a good day!

Best Regards,

Harryzhu

Re: How to resolve the question of timing convergence in P&a

Generally speaking, to solve the timing problem you could:

- for HOLD time violation, you could insert additional buffer in-between by "fix_hold...";

- for SETUP time violaton, you have to work together with the design engineer. If you could solve it by changing the position of cells, that's fine. Otherwise, you could export constrain file for re-synthesis or find the path manually and ask the design engineer to synthesize it again by using a more strict contrain. After serveral interation, it will meet the timing reqirements.

It is easy to say than to do. Usually, if you know the design better in advance or the design engineer leave more margin for P&R, you life will be easier. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back