Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to reset PIC16F88 using MCLR pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

awan

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to reset PIC16F88

Hi

I am trying to reset my PIC using MCLR pin and driving it to low. But this doesnt reset the PIC.

Does anyone know if i need to do some modification.

Thanks
Awan

Re: How to reset PIC16F88

Hi awan,

In PIC16F88, the MCLR pin has an alternate function as RA5 digital input. You might have selected this function through the configuration bits. Try modifying the configuration bits.

How to set the MCLRE bit. As it is beyond the user space. It can be only set during programming. How do i set it during programming.

Thanks,
Awan

How to reset PIC16F88

well, it depends how do you program it!

which software/hardware do you use for programming? I'm sure if you look, you will find the "!MCLR Enable" option...

awan said:
How to set the MCLRE bit. As it is beyond the user space. It can be only set during programming. How do i set it during programming.

Thanks,
Awan

What are you using to program it? MPLAB? If so, you can configure it from the menus: "configure | configuration bits"

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back