Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to reset PIC in Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UroBoros

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic16 mlcr

Hai

Which is the best method to reset a PIC from its own software?

Will a goto 00 clear the call stack?

picstudent

Salam
i have small knowledg about the PIC. but i think u may use the WDT to reset the PIC.
just enable it when u want to reset the PIC after a while (depend on the value in the WDT).
hope that help u
Best Regards
Ahmed

UroBoros

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hai

My programe works in WDT disabled mode.

I doubt weather WDT can be enabled "on the fly"

Thanks

picstudent

If you plan to use GOTO 00 as software reset you will need to add in the beginning of the code set of SETs/RESETs to specified registers, otherwise jump to 00 will be executed like any other jump ..
( see data sheet of a particular PIC for the reset values of crucial registers) ..

Another option, however not used very often, is to connect one of I/O pins to the MLCR and execute reset that way ..

Regards,
IanP

UroBoros

PIC18 devices have RESET instruction.
On PIC16 there is no softreset, but it is possible to configure a peripheria (like WDT) to reset the chip.

UroBoros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back