Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to report removed registers in Dc

Status
Not open for further replies.

keertiprasad1

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. Could anybody please tell me whether there is any command in DC to report removed registers in the design.

Thanks

During execution "compile" command information about all removed registers priniting to the console:

Information: The register 'dsample_out_reg[32]' is a constant and will be removed. (OPT-1206)
Information: The register 'dsample_out_reg[33]' is a constant and will be removed. (OPT-1206)
Information: The register 'dsample_out_reg[34]' is a constant and will be removed. (OPT-1206)

I never see separate command for this.

Ok Thanks.. But just thought there should have been some command to report this.. I tried searching in Solvnet. No hints!!

Thanks

By default DC will give a (OPT-1206) warning for all the registers that are removed while optimization.
However if you have certain variables such as compile_seqmap_propagate_high_effort set as false in your synthesis script, then DC will not perform this optimization and hence this message wont appear.

Have you tried running check_design before you compile?

This report has a lot of useful information in it including info about unused sequential cells.

Ya i have tried giving check design but it has only issues such as some nets, ports are connected to ground, multilple pins,ports but doesnt give any info regarding the removed reg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back