Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to replace switch with some analog/digital circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliyesami

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have 8 switches that each connects disconnects a 50v 700mA DC load.
I want to do this electronically and be able to control it.
how can I do this ?

thanks

If your load is resistive (no reactances), you can use a power transistor or a MOSFET as a switch.
For your 50 V and 700 mA I would use a PVG 612 power opto-coupler which I tried many times, for up to 1.2 A load under 60 V. The electronic driver for it only should generate 5V, 10-20 mA for optocoupler internal LED.
Check with Digi-Key, PVG 612 should be available.

If your load is resistive (no reactances), you can use a power transistor or a MOSFET as a switch.
For your 50 V and 700 mA I would use a PVG 612 power opto-coupler which I tried many times, for up to 1.2 A load under 60 V. The electronic driver for it only should generate 5V, 10-20 mA for optocoupler internal LED.
Check with Digi-Key, PVG 612 should be available.
hi I am attaching the circuit explaining what I am trying to do .so will mosfet work in this situation ?

LED-circuit.jpg

This circuit will burn the left LEDs due to an overcurrent. A MOSFET can switch well but the circuit is bad.

This circuit will burn the left LEDs due to an overcurrent. A MOSFET can switch well but the circuit is bad.

hi Jirpolivka !

assuming the circuit is current ,how can I use MOSFET to replace this switch ?

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.