Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to reduce voltage from 6v to 5v?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AriHell

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
6v to 5v?

What should I use to reduce the voltage from 6v to 5v?
simple resistor or some kind of regulator?

Re: 6v to 5v?

AriHell said:
What should I use to reduce the voltage from 6v to 5v?
simple resistor or some kind of regulator?
Try the 7805 regulator.

6v to 5v?

I understood that the min input for the 7805 is 7v so it won't work

6v to 5v?

A LDO will help i think.

By the way, want is the current requirement

6v to 5v?

I need 5v to make pic16f84a work properly

AriHell said:
I understood that the min input for the 7805 is 7v so it won't work
I said try maybe it work.
Now it seems to be clear.

I have an Idea. Use two Diode in serie (1n4007 for exemple). Since each one drops 0.7V y'oull get 4.6V. The PIC will operate correctly since, as far as I remember the 16f84 require a voltage supply ranging from 3.7 to 5 V.

I hope I helped.

Cheers,
Advares.

simply use a Diode. the voltage drop across the diode will be around 0.65 to 0.7

hameeds01 said:
simply use a Diode. the voltage drop across the diode will be around 0.65 to 0.7
Yes.. i was too about to sugest the same point sugested by "hameeds01" The diode will drop the 6 volts to 5.4 volts which can be used to drive PIC directly .But ensure that in further use the voltage will go down below 5.4 and not rise above that (May be during charging if the 6 volt source is a battery)
Or as your requirement is only to drive a PIC micro, you may use a resistor + Zener diode combination to get 5.1V which will be safer compared to the later sugession. Cheers

pranam77 said:
use a resistor + Zener diode combination to get 5.1V which will be safer compared to the later sugession. Cheers

How did I forget that :D?

AdvaRes said:
as far as I remember the 16f84 require a voltage supply ranging from 3.7 to 5 V...Advares.
Sorry..i too forgot one more thing..PIC16F84A's both Industrial and commercial versions work from 2.0volts to 5.5volts. Cheers..:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back