Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to reduce voltage from 5V to 2V DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabman

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Voltage reduction

I need to reduce voltage from 5vDC to 2vDC, can anyone tell me how to do this and how to connect multimeter to check??
I THOUGHT I knew, but stubbornly stays at 5V!!!

Re: Voltage reduction

Depending on your specs you can use resistor divider, LDO or SMPS.

hai cabman!

can you be more specific? what level of design do you want? the transistor level or device level? voltage divider is one of the solution to change 5V to 2V!

If you design in the transistor level, you need 2 transistors act like active resistor!

Use the multimeter to check the voltage from your node to the Gnd!

:D

Voltage reduction

the feedback is internal, can not be changed outside

3 ways:

1,resistor divider
2, lineary drop
3,buck-dc-dc

Hi,
It depends. If you do not have any requirements for precision, and if your load is nearly constant - you can use resistor divider.
If your load is worling in broad range of supply current - use LDO - Low Dropout Voltage Regulator

Voltage reduction

Use a transistor as an emitter follower with a resistor devider to set the output voltage.

you can use a simple voltage devider and use a multimetre to messure the voltage from the node to GND.

if regulation is not so much important for you, simply divide it by resistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.