Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to reduce the interefence on LEDs from 3 Phase main

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddharthtaunk

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have a series of LEDs which are in a very close vicinity of the three phase supplye(24V LEDs) which I switch on the three phase mains supply. The LEDs start flickerring without an input to it.

As far as I know this is the intereference from the three phase.

Please suggest a solution for the above.

I am not in the liberty to move either the three phase nor the LEDs away from each other.

Thanks in advance.

Siddharth

Last edited:

What is the supply to the LEDs?

You might try adding a capacitor across the LEDs.

And a resistor in parallel. What value depends on the rated led voltage on the line. It helps to dissipate the influenced power.

if you have a single pole switch for the leds, then a double pole may help also, if it is capacitive coupling.

Hope this helps
Klaus

I guess, the LED indicator (with built-in current limiting resistor) is driven by a relays or PNP output from 24V. If the circuit is open, the cable picks-up some capacitive currents from mains voltage lines running next to it. Similar effects are well-known for open circuit glow-discharge indicator lamps. Placing a capacitor or additional load resistor across the indicator circuit should help. Or separating the cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.