Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to reduce synopsys tools loading time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkesp

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to reduce synopsys tools start loading time?

Hi I'm Korean engineer

I have some problems.

That is synopsys tools loading time.

maybe It takes 3 or 4 minutes.

before last month, It takes 2 seconds

Last month, my company added server hdd and restructuring each server.

after server work, synopsys tools has too long start loading time.

I think that tool path and tool license dont have problem.

what reasons are cause my tools problem?

If you know that problem, plz reply to me.

thank you

Last edited:

Hi ,
There may be 2 types of problem..

machine type: in the sence on which machine ypu are invoking synopsys tool. AMD based or intel based. another thing whether you are loading on local machine or through any distributed process like LSF /GRD. Some time there are few dedicated machine for these things. Check you IT team on this if there are any specific machine assigned after restructuring.
Memory: how much memory are u using? If you are using any dedicated machine then please check the memory for that machine. Every tool has some minimum requirement.. please cehck those also.

So basically its not problem with Synopsys tool .. its problem in your network setting.

thank you for your command

I think that it was not our network problem.

maybe It caused by shell program's problem

primetime and design compiler and astro is shell tools

Hi,

I didn't mean that its you network problem.. My point is .. that its may be because of SETTING FOR LAUNCH OF TOOL related to NETWORK. As you mention that it may be because of Shell program , ya you are right.. it may be .. or may be anything related to any module/wrapper where you have defined the network related setting.

check whether hyper threading is enabled or disabled in ur machine ?
we have seen scenarios where hyper threading (or multi threading ) sometimes slows down synopsys tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back