Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to reduce spikes in inverter without using out put capac

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasadel06

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to reduce spikes

hi....

i am using inverter in my project....i am using 130 nm tech...
and i am getting spikes...please help me in reducing the spikes in
the output of the inverter...

thank you..
prasad

Re: how to reduce spikes in inverter without using out put c

You can reduce glitches at transition edges by reducing clock feedthrough. this can be achieved by reducing transistors' sizes or by reducing the transition slope of the input waveform.

You also may consider bypass capacitors. What is the frequency of the chopper? Once you know the chopper frequency, calculate the Xc for the bypass capacitors to be 0 Ohms. Then consider using ferrite beads on the output wires for that frequency range. That should reduce a fair amount of the noise from the chopper.

generally switching transistors cause glitch due to kickback noise and clock feedthrough and hence these are generally separated from the input and output using a transistor which is always on......

Status
Not open for further replies.