Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to reduce size patch with Slit Method ? [Help]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungloe

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
please help me to design patch with slit method to aim reduce size patch antenna.
first let me introduce, many papper research said that slit method (peripheral slits or meandered slits) can reduce size dimension antenna 5-30%. And i dont know what difference size with or without slits. please look my picture above.

slits 2.jpg
without slits the size of width patch is 39 mm

slits 1.jpg
inserted 12 slits the size of Width patch is 39 mm

Please anybody help me solve this problem :bang::bang::bang::bang:. regards. GBU :)

Attachments

• mikrostrip 2.png
    mikrostrip 2.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 82

I did not tried slit method, but i can give you an idea on size reduction:
Assume your patch size is W x H (width and height).
1) Try to move feeding line from center of patch to the left by distance approximate = W/4
2) Center frequency now be different. Do the simulation, find center frequency.
3) Reduce patch height H until center frequency is right
4) Tune W, H values to obtain desired bandwidth, etc.. Also you can tune feeding line position
5) Now you have antenna patch with reduced height H and maybe reduced width W.
I do not have any reference, i have seen such approach in practical patch arrays

If you still want to use slit approach, i would suggest to:
1) remove vertical slits and make more tiny horizontal slits (non-radiating edges)
or
2) make 1,2,3 or 4 slits at corners of patch, as in this article:

p.s. Ar you using sonnet? Your images looks similar to sonnet layout. If it is, your "box" looks a little too small for patch simulation.

Reactions: Jungloe

Jungloe

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I did not tried slit method, but i can give you an idea on size reduction:
Assume your patch size is W x H (width and height).
1) Try to move feeding line from center of patch to the left by distance approximate = W/4
2) Center frequency now be different. Do the simulation, find center frequency.
3) Reduce patch height H until center frequency is right
4) Tune W, H values to obtain desired bandwidth, etc.. Also you can tune feeding line position
5) Now you have antenna patch with reduced height H and maybe reduced width W.
I do not have any reference, i have seen such approach in practical patch arrays

If you still want to use slit approach, i would suggest to:
1) remove vertical slits and make more tiny horizontal slits (non-radiating edges)
or
2) make 1,2,3 or 4 slits at corners of patch, as in this article:

p.s. Ar you using sonnet? Your images looks similar to sonnet layout. If it is, your "box" looks a little too small for patch simulation.

thanks to Terminator3 for help. but cut the corners of patch will make CP (circular polarization) and I only use Linear polarization for my project. and after I read the references from terminator3 I know if slits in use in the reduction of the size manually. Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back