Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to reduce interrupt latency of MSP430F1121

Status
Not open for further replies.

niks

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone tell me how to reduce interrupt latency of MSP430F1121.
Im using port interrupt and TIMERA0 (CCIFG i.e. CCR0=timer value) interrupt.
this is very urgen for me
thanks in advance
niks

Hi

How do you serve de interrupt request!? C or assembly!?

I think if you use assembly the latency time will be short.

Best regards
Pendragon

Yes its true. But i converted same code to assembly . But interrupt routine there are same number of instruction im using in C .

What is delay between port change and your first instr of INT body ?

im working at ACLK=MCLK=SMCLK=7.3728MHz.
Time delay betn Intr and first instruction of Intr body is around 13uS.
I think this delay is too much almost 100clks. 130uS is instruction cycle time.
Can someone tell me solution/clarification for same

Are you triggering the INT on the right edge ? It cannot take 100 clks to get from port pin change to start of INT routine - it looks like your INT is configured for rising edge while you are looking at Falling edge (or Vice versa!)

Smokey

"The interrupt latency is 6 cycles, starting with the acceptance of an interrupt request, and lasting until the start of execution of the first instruction of the interrupt-service routine..." (slau049c.pdf)

So you have something wrong.

Check also "low power" mode settings.

i checked data sheet already.this is 6 clock cycles or those 6 steps mentioned. its not clear. and im not setting any low power mode.

Check if timer interrupt is not very often or very long and what happens when 2 or more (port and/or tmr) intrerrupts occur.

HI
Im able to solve the problem. Actually problem is after PUC its setting OFIFG i.e. Osc Fault Intr Flag. previously i didnt checked it cuz normally we take care of that bit only in MSP430F149/135. But F1121 we need not take care. Now im just resetting flag .
i got expected result.
anyway thanks for the help and interest u showed in solving problem
regards
~niks~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back