Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to reduce 120hz harmonics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahgu

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
reduce 120hz harmonics?

My TL074 OPAMP has gain of 40dB, and I see 10-20mV of 120hz, 240hz harmonics at the output. I think my ground noise is at 0.1mV, the LDO says it has 30-40uV RMS. Is it a good ground plane with noise of 0.1mV? I think I did the layout pretty good with ground plane and signal separation.

But the 120hz harmonics is a little too high and shows up on the speaker, how can I remove or reduce the harmonics?

And is it possible to reduce the ground noise even lower?

thanks
ahgu

Hi

Check the PS filter. Just a capacitor might do the trick.

post your circuit and layout for details.

madhukar

check for source

You can do a few experiments to find where it is coming from. First disconnect the input to the amplifier and short it to ground. Does the hum go away? Power the circuit from a laboratory quality power supply. Does the hum go away?

If you use only 1 opamp input try to insert blocking capasitor on other input with enough capasity to filter 120 Hz .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back