Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to receive sms via bluetooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooftop

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all.... i want to make some project. The main idea is to send my cell phone'sms to pc via bluetooth. My cell phone is Sony Ericsson S700 , i know some of AT Command but i wonder if i can use it via bluetooth. I plan to use Bluetooth dongle(USB) to connect to PC.
Now may someone help me how to :
1. access my computer bluetooth (through dongle)
2. how to access my cell phone sms through bluetooth

Any help and comment really apreciated.
Thanks for your attention.

hi
i'm not sure but i think that its impossible to send SMS via bluetooth .

Hi Rooftop,

I have same project too, I use HP laptop (nx6120)with bluetooth (built-in), and K600i sony ericson but i did not make it. I read some reference and found out that the bluetooth in my laptop don't have bluetooth serial capability. This capability use to send AT command from PC to mobile. I read that some USB bluetooth dongle have this capability to send AT command. I need to purchase the BT dongle for my project SMS via bluetooth. I know there's a lot of way to know about BT.
Attach is some reference for BT.

i think u should check out the bluetooth.org site .... i their doc. they have mentioned all the algorithms .... one of my senior's was on this project ... he used another book by hacking mobile phones by that hacking chap ... but said that everythin in the book was copied from net ...

I think it is possible.
U can program the phone with BREW, J2ME or Symbian(If it is a symbian phone)
If it is a symbian phone there are API's for Bluetooth Comm. What u have to do is u have to just use that API's in ur program.

VC with windows and C in Linux supports bluetooth. There can be API's also.
But the problem is a compatible bluetooth module should be there.

If we can transfer a file between mobile and PC, why cant it be possible to send an SMS.

Rooftop said:
1. access my computer bluetooth (through dongle)
When you install Bluetooth driver it will create virtual Com port on your PC. Whenever you access this com port your Bluetooth driver will take care of conversion between RS232 protocol to Bluetooth and vice versa.
Rooftop said:
2. how to access my cell phone sms through bluetooth
For that you need to know at commands for your cell phone, for S700 you can get it from Sony Ericsson’s Developer website after free registration.

You can use MSComm ActivX control in VB to access this com port and send AT commands to your phone.

Have a look at http://fma.sourceforge.net for similar application and more information.

Hi guys,

I manage to communicate my HP nx6120 BT and sony ericson K608i i happy with it and able to send SMS via hyperterminal. What i did, i download the latest BT driver from HP. I "ON" my Blutooth (laptop and K608i), I install the latest firmware (driver), then during the installation process, i saw that it detects, configure and assign itself the COMM port. Durig the process it detects also the Human Interface Device (HID) for the BT media player, desktop and presentation BT remote control. HID is amazing i can even use my phone as a remote BT mouse. In order to communicate or access the BT serial port you have you do pairing first using quick connect (see attach picture). Please be inform that i found out if BT serial port had no activity for a period of time it will automatically disconnect, base on experience 10 minutes.

But i have concern (i need to dig deeper) how to get / read the SMS messages from phone memory? What I mean s the AT command. Do anybody have a detailed AT command on how to use? {AT commands for dummies}. I can only access / read sms messages in the SIM, using hyperterminal. Any idea please share...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back