Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to receive a very large data Serial COM Port ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quangdien

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,

I have a sensor to capture the fingerprint image and then send to PC via Serial COM Port. And I use MSCOMM Control 6.0 for transfering & receiving data in Serial COM Port. Here below is the structure of the data which the sensor send to me :

HEADER : 6 bytes
DATA : Fingerprint Image 280 x 240 = 67200 bytes !!!
FOOTER : 4 bytes

But the buffer of MSCOMM Control is only 32768 ( = 2^15 ). Therefore, now my problem is the size of that image is too large to receive in buffer. The buffer is overflow !!! In this situation, I think there are 3 ways to solve it :

+ Incearse the size of the MSCOMM's buffer.
+ Use other class for transfering & receiving data in Serial COM Port with the buffer enough large.
+ Parallel processing : doing both receiving data from sensor and saving data from buffer to other place ... simultaneously.

But I don't know how to implement above methods !!! Please kindly help me or you can show me other solutions ... THIS IS MY FINAL PROJECT FOR GRADUATING MY UNIVERSITY and the deadline is coming nearly, so, again, please help me !!!
Thank you very much !!!
Best regards,

Quang Dien
Email to me : quangdien12jan@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back