Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to realize Square-wave conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhlbluesky

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
in PCB board, i get a Square-wave signal, which ampitude is 0~24V, frequency is 6K or so,but i want to get a Square-wave signal (for further use) with amplitude 0~5V and with frequency also 6K, how to realize this? my PCb board is not very large, so transformer not available. is there some method or some device or some chip to realize this function,pls?

thanks in advance.

Hello,

Dont worry. Anyway, a normal transformer would saturate because you are talking about a signal with a considerable DC component...

Have you heard about resistive dividers? They are also called potencial dividers. The best of them is that you can configure them to reduce voltage to any ratio you wish.

Regards!
PS: If you tell us more info on your circuit, and the circuit that will use this signal, surelly many board members can assist you in designing your voltage divider.

Resistors will work if the additional circuit that you connect has a high resistance and it's a static load.

You can try to use a transistor as a switch or Op- amps, there are other ways to do this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back