Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to realize a matching load in microstrip structure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmily0447

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Can anyone please kindly instruct how to realize a 50 Ohm matching load by microstrip structure? The matching band is from 57 GHz to 64 GHz.

I heard that the microstrip fan can fulfill this task, is that true? Can anyone please kindly provide some realted information?

Thanks in advance.

You need a filter for 57 GHz to 64 GHz band.
Try this one.
**broken link removed**

Hi Pico,

Thank you very much. But I think I need a 50 Ohm matching load with one port from 57 GHz to 64 GHz.

How can I realize it by using a filter?

Can you provide more details?

Thanks in advance.

I heard that the microstrip fan can fulfill this task, is that true?

The fan stub can be used to implement a short circuit at certain frequencies. Now you need a 50 ohm resistor in series between your microstrip and the fan stub.

The reason to use a fan stub and not a simple via: the via through PCB will have some series inductance, depending on the substrate thickness.

Hi volker,

Thanks alot for you information. It really helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back