Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to read scan information of a scan inserted netlist using DFT advisor ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolve4

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am given a scan stitched gate level netlist (180 nm ) , and a scan sdc, funcional sdc (apart from this no other information is given )and a library file. I was asked to check the correctness of the scan chain in the netlist and redump the netlist and scan def. The Design has a TMX module wich generates all the scan signals (even the scanin data signal is generated by the TMX module....the design has no compression ) . The problems I am facing are

1)The scan mode is an internally generated signal. The case analysis for the scan mode is given in SDC but I didin't find a command which helps me constrain the internal instance which generates the scan mode signal in DFT advisor manual.

2)To use the add_scan_chains command the scanin and scanout pins should be a primary input/output. But in the netlist the scanin pin is a instance output pin present in the TMX module. So I am unable to add the existing scan chains in the design.

3)The same netlist is ported to 45nm using a 45nm library. so obviously the chain will be broken as the insatnce and insatnce-pin name differs in 45nm libs. So how can we do scan insertion for the 45 nm netlist (which already has scan flops ).

I would be pleased , if I get a flow of how we can read in the scan information of prescan inserted netlist in DFT ADVISOR with the above given infomation adn dump out a log file.

I would also like to know "Can we delete the scan information ( LIke the scan pins, stitched scan chain etc ) and re insert scan if we have only the above given (mentioned i the first line) information.
Thanks in advance

If you have a test procedure file than you can get the scan chain information.....Test procedure file is generated after insertion, so if you have this file than you can have the information for all scan chains...
I don't think so that you can remove the inserted dft logic for that you only need the netlist without scan inserted...

Reactions: wolve4

wolve4

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I don't have the test procedure file .. the files i mentioned are actually from a PHYSICAL DESIGN database ....The Physical Design people were facing a problem in scan timing when they were tryin port the netlist from one technology node (180nm ) to another techonolgy node (45 nm ) . They don't have the DFT database as it is a test case. So i was asked foe help in redumping the scan information for 180 nm node and scan insertion for 45 nm node . But I am unable to do it though i tried a lot of ways. They don't have any scan information except for scan sdc and the scan def .....

I do know that we need a test model inorder to read a "previously scan inserted netlist ". But I don't have the test model,,,and obviously there is no test procedure file .... So do u think there is any other way to fix this problem. ??????

So you can extract the scan chain information using DFT Compiler, but for that you required the Test Procedure File.
You can check that, using the scan def, is it possible to extract the scan information from the scan inserted design. I am not sure about this, but you just check in the tool ug itself.
Else As per my experience, I don't think that there is any way to achieve your task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back